I was sitting on the couch this morning doing sudoku, and I hear Zadie yell FIRE!! I look up to see smoke coming from the kitchen. I run in there to find Zane has already grabbed a cup of water to put out flames in the microwave. It took him a cpl tries, but he did it without burning himself or letting the house catch fire. Whew!!! I'm so extremely proud of how fast he acted and how calm he stayed. Not only did he successfully put out the fire, but he cleaned up the mess, too. Good job son!
Lesson learned: don't use a metal ringed coffee cup to microwave water for hot chocolate. :)
Damage report: no casualties. Microwave is good and even cleaner than before!
Note to self: might need to have a family fire drill... Both Zadie and Bella kept playing their video games, and Phia and Zoe stayed on the computer uploading music to their mp3 players. Not one of the girls thought about getting out of the house. Yep, definitely time for a refresher on what to do in case of fire.