I was sitting on the couch this morning doing sudoku, and I hear Zadie yell FIRE!! I look up to see smoke coming from the kitchen. I run in there to find Zane has already grabbed a cup of water to put out flames in the microwave. It took him a cpl tries, but he did it without burning himself or letting the house catch fire. Whew!!! I'm so extremely proud of how fast he acted and how calm he stayed. Not only did he successfully put out the fire, but he cleaned up the mess, too. Good job son!
Lesson learned: don't use a metal ringed coffee cup to microwave water for hot chocolate. :)
Damage report: no casualties. Microwave is good and even cleaner than before!
Note to self: might need to have a family fire drill... Both Zadie and Bella kept playing their video games, and Phia and Zoe stayed on the computer uploading music to their mp3 players. Not one of the girls thought about getting out of the house. Yep, definitely time for a refresher on what to do in case of fire.
So we finally took time to get our Christmas tree. Got a great deal from the church on Ashley Phosphate. Mike's not home from work yet, but the kids and I wanted to go ahead and get it set up. We looked like the three stooges! Took turns pounding the metal stand onto the trunk and then toted it around the house to bring it in the back door. Then we set the tree up in our back room... Only to find it's too BIG!! Even if we were to trim the top, our angel won't fit. I am seriously laughing my butt off. :)
As usual, my car radio was tuned to 102.5 today for some holiday music when I heard the DJ give a shout out to Charleston Scrapbooking! It was around noon, he mentioned Charleston Scrapbooking as a great place to support on "Small Business Saturday." Thanks!!
Aaaghh... My hand is screaming. I've been covering diecut pendants with glossy accents... For 125 wedding invitations! Omg, my hands hurt!
Well, at least I'm getting some more crafting in. :)
Hope you all have a very great and safe THANKSGIVING!!